Support the Library
The best way that you can support the Darakht-e Danesh Library is by helping to grow its collection. Here’s how:
- If you are an Afghan teacher, please share Pashto or Dari digitalized resources that you use in your own classroom. You can type up lesson plans, tests, exercise sheets, experiments, games, or other resources that you find helpful in your own teaching. Maybe you invented the resource or idea yourself or maybe you learned it from another teacher. In either case, by sharing your resource you can make an impact in many different classrooms at the same time. To upload resources to the Darakht-e Danesh Library, please register first, then visit the Submit a Resource page under Visitor Tools.
- If you are with an education organization that has produced high quality local language learning or teaching materials, please consider adding your materials to this Library. Please digitalize and upload your materials, and help support Afghan teachers. Upload them in the library, or email them to us.
- If you are a Pashto speaker, we need your help! We would like to grow our collection of educational resources in the Pashto language. We welcome original contributions, translated materials or tips on where we can find more Pashto resources to add to the collection.
- If you are a bilingual person who can speak English, and Pashto or Dari, and you have strong writing and translation skills, please help translate more Open Educational Resources (OERs) for Afghan teachers. To learn more about volunteer translator opportunities, please click here.
- We will soon be adding collections for other Afghan languages including Uzbeki and Turkmeni. Contact us if you would like to be a volunteer translator in a minority Afghan language.
CW4WAfghan supports education, literacy and library development for women and girls in Afghanistan through a variety of projects and by working collaboratively with its Afghan partner organizations. The work of our volunteer-driven organization, which has minimal overhead costs, has led to thousands of girls and boys getting an education through our work training teachers, raising funds for teachers' salaries, funding libraries, adult literacy programs and more. This is only possible from the support we get from the public in Canada and beyond. We welcome donations of any size to help grow the Darakht-e Danesh Library, or to one of our other projects advancing education in Afghanistan. Click here to learn more, or learn how you can:
- Hold a Breaking Bread potluck dinner for girls' education in Afghanistan
- Learn about other ways you can help
- If you live in Canada, contact a CW4WAfghan Chapter near you
- Donate to the Darakht-e Danesh Library
- Learn about our other work advancing Technology for Education in Afghanistan
- Donate specific requested book titles to a drop point in Canada, destined for our volunteers in Afghanistan who we invited to share their book wish lists with us – email Community@CW4WAfghan.ca to learn how